As President Obama nears his second inaugural ceremony on Monday, he will face a nation that is mostly dissatisfied with the current state of the economy. The new NBC/WSJ poll shows that while the president still remains popular with a job approval rating at 52% among all adults, only 35% think the country is headed in the right direction. This number is down six points from December 2012 which proves that the economy is still the top concern among Americans.
- House Republicans want to tie passage of budget to debt ceiling
- Obama for America is reorganizing as a tax-exempt advocacy group called Organizing for Action.
- Can Obama give a memorable inaugural speech?
- NRA Pres. blames Obama for threats
- Chris Christie blasts NRA ad
- Mayors rally in D.C. for guns