WAY too much buzz is getting eaten up by Sarah Palin. Today’s first Underbuzzed demonstrates that in a way the Gray Lady oughtta find embarrassing.
- From 6:01 yesterday morning to 11:40 this morning, a period of more than 24 hours, not a single posting on the politics and government blog of the New York Times was about anything other than Sarah Palin.
- Weather.com has a graphic representation of just how many places on the Eastern seaboard are seeing record heat this week. In a TOTALLY unrelated story, last year set a record for global emissions.
- Remember how proud President Bush was about rising home-ownership levels? Well, thanks to the housing crisis on his watch, those levels are now back down to before he was president.
- And though it’s a good thing jobs are starting to come back (at too slow a rate), the wages they once paid are not.
- Government regulations save lives. Maybe you think those lives are worth losing if it’ll help business. But it doesn’t–it only helps the rich business owners squeeze more money out of their business.
That’s today’s Underbuzzed. Check back tomorrow morning for the day’s Morning EDition…
More Like This
Best of MSNBC