As we reported on last night’s show, the George W. Bush Presidential Center opens for business May 1, the 10th anniversary of “Mission Accomplished.” Good news! As befits a staunch free-market conservative, there is also a gift shop for those eager to collect a souvenir of President Bush’s historic two-term presidency. Among the many treasures there, one can purchase:
- Mountain biking cycling socks with the George W. Bush Presidential Center logo. $12.98
- President Bush Camp David Bomber Jacket. “This jacket is made of 100% Mil. Spec. goatskin. It follows the current Mil. Spec. US Navy pattern which Cockpit USA supplies to the Navy and Coast Guard units. ” $549
- “In My Time” by Dick Cheney. “In his enlightening and provocative memoir—a stately page-turner with flashes of surprising humor, remarkable candor, and powerful resonance—former Vice President Dick Cheney takes readers through his experiences as family man, policymaker, businessman, and politician during years that shaped our collective history.” $35.00
This is a nice start, but why are the American people not allowed to also purchase these?
- T-shirt 100% cotton. Made in America. It reads: “I don’t know where he is. I just don’t spend that much time on him, I’ll be honest with you.” $25.00
- Audiobook: “My Pet Goat” President George W. Bush reads the story of a girl’s pet goat that eats everything in its path. $45.00
- Book bag, 100% cotton with strong handles and reinforced stitching: features Presidential Library Logo and the slogan, “Is Our Children Learning?” $53.00
Now it’s your turn. What items would you like to see sold at the George W. Bush Presidential Center? Please share your suggestions in the comments section, and we’ll post a sampling of your collective genius on Monday. Enjoy!