Wednesday night marks the 82nd annual Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting ceremony, which got us thinking about five other Christmas tree stories from around the world:
1. Some residents of Reading, Pennsylvania weren’t too impressed with their town’s Christmas tree this year, with some calling for it to be taken down.
2. In Honduras, nearly 3,000 people gathered outside the country’s presidential palace Tuesday to create a human Christmas tree and set a new world record.
3. In South Korea, the government has approved a tree on the North Korean border–a move that has, in the past, angered North Korea.
4. Some Parisians were not in love with an inflatable tree-like installation created by American artist Paul McCarthy. It was deflated by vandals and the artist got punched in the face. Ouch!
5. The beer tree: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, resident Chaz Stevens drove about 450 last year to Tallahassee to set up a “Festivus” tree in the State Capitol, all to protest the nativity scene that was also there.