Amping up pressure on Republicans, President Obama is hitting the local news circuit on Wednesday to talk about the automatic spending cuts set to go into effect next week, a.k.a. the sequestration. In his own effort to appeal to the American people, House Speaker John Boehner published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal which points the finger right back at the president.
Here's a look at some of the headlines we're following now. Tune in tonight at 10pm ET for Lawrence O'Donnell's exclusive interview with South Carolina primary candidate Elizabeth Colbert Busch.
- Boehner WSJ op-ed: 'The president is raging against a budget crisis he created'
- Obama’s sequester strategy: Shame
- Gingrich says Rove’s new super PAC is 'plain wrong'
- SCOTUS taking on campaign finance again
- New Quinnipiac polls out of NJ: Christie’s commanding lead, but Hillary Clinton leads in 2016
- Nate Silver on Marco Rubio’s electability
- Dick Cheney and Laura Bush star in a video to support gay marriage
- Conan O’Brien to headline White House Correspondents Dinner