A new Rasmussen poll shows Sen. Claire McCaskill up 10 points over Rep. Todd Akin in the Missouri Senate race. McCaskill, however, isn't buying it. Here are some more stories informing the Last Word rundown tonight:
- Who will Mitt speak to at the Republican National Convention?
- Romney debuts energy plan in oil-rich New Mexico
- Akin is in, for now, but if he drops out …
- Thomas Friedman: We need a 'conservative party'
- Romney met Todd Akin doctor John Willke during 2012 campaign
- Bill Clinton vouches for Obama economic plan in new TV ad
- In poll, Obama is given trust over Medicare
- Report: Romney economic plan hurts red states, helps urbanites
- Gawker: Inside Mitt Romney's tax-dodging Cayman schemes