With one week until the sequester deadline, the White House is switching up its game plan by bringing in the reinforcements: first responders, police officers and teachers to push lawmakers to make a new deal.
We'll air a special Friday edition of The Last Word at 10 p.m. EST. Here's a look at some of the stories shaping tonight's rundown:
- White House changes course on sequester
- Obama speaks to GOP leaders amid sequester campaign
- David Brooks on sequestration and how both parties are responsible for this mess
- Jonathan Chait slamming Brooks for column and blaming Dems for sequestration
- Sequester to hit Chinese hackers hard
- NY Times editorial on ‘why taxes have to go up’
- Third Republican comes out in support of Hagel; 15 others ask Obama to withdraw nomination
- President Carter says Obama thanked his grandson for the “47% tape”
- Aurora victim’s mom calls McCain town hall ‘appalling’
- How bad is the FBI's sexting problem?