Republican Sen. Rand Paul is coming out in support of a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, the latest conservative leader to back major immigration reform. In a speech delivered Tuesday morning the potential 2016 contender told the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, “If you wish to live and work in America, then we will find a place for you," according to The Associated Press.
Here's a look at more headlines we're following now. Lawrence O'Donnell anchors the show from Washington, D.C. tonight at 10pm ET.
- A goal for Obama in Israel: Finding some overlap on Iran
- Assault weapons ban loses steam
- Right blasts RNC 'autopsy' as power grab
- Sen. Rand Paul supports path to citizenship
- Conservative policy wonks criticize Paul Ryan’s budget
- Selling the Iraq war: Experts knew the intel was faulty. Why didn’t they blow the whistle?
- Leaders stop budget defections
- S.C. voters to decide fate of Sanford, Colbert sister
- Stephen Colbert talks up his sister for Congress