President Obama will touch heavily on the economy and jobs numbers in his State of the Union address Tuesday evening, but the president faces a limiting reality in his second term -- that he only has the beginning of his term to work with Congress to accomplish legislative actions. Obama is expected to push the following four domestic goals on his agenda: reducing gun violence, comprehensive immigration reform, growing the economy and reducing the deficit. Tune into msnbc's coverage at 8pm ET. President Obama's address is scheduled for 9pm ET tonight.
- The core of Obama's SOTU address: the middle class
- The 10 most memorable State of the Union addresses
- First Lady's guestlist
- Ted Nugent to attend the SOTU address
- North Korea detonates "successful" third nuclear bomb test
- Advisers note a bolder and more aggressive Obama
- Beltway pressure rises as sequester looms larger