Sen. John McCain said Tuesday he didn't reject Mitt Romney as VP in 2008 because of his tax returns. He said he picked Sarah Palin over Romney because he thought she made a better candidate. Here are some more stories we discussed at the Last Word rundown meeting today:
- Majority of Americans want to see what’s in Mitt Romney’s tax returns
- Ron Paul to Mitt Romney: Release tax returns
- Obama for America TV ad: 'Makes you wonder'
- McCain: Palin a 'better candidate' for VP than Romney
- Jon Stewart rips Romney's Bain Capital, tax return defense
- Illinois town calls on Romney to stop Bain-owned company from outsourcing 170 jobs
- Sununu unleashed: Obama needs to 'learn how to be an American'
- Dick Cheney heads to the Hill to warn against defense cuts