While the Internet remains fixated on the photographic stylings of the Obama girls and the first lady’s dress (she wore Jason Wu), the inaugural ceremonies started to wind down with a prayer service at the Washington National Cathedral this morning. Tonight, the president and vice president, along with their wives, plan to attend an Staff Inaugural Ball. And in the latest repeat episode of “House Republicans vs. the debt ceiling,” a vote on raising it is scheduled for Wednesday.
Here's a look at some of the stories The Last Word staff has been checking out:
- President Obama goes on the offense for liberalism
- Vice President Biden not shying away from 2016 speculation
- NBC/WSJ poll: Majority, for first time, want abortion to be legal
- House Republicans plan to keep debt limit but suspend it until May
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: Obama is in ‘full battle mode’ to grab your guns
- Crossroads GPS video warns of Obama’s liberal agenda after inaugural address