As the Romney-Ryan campaign tries to rebound from the calamity that is Todd Akin, they have to contend with a fired-up President Obama, who slammed them on education today in Nevada. Here are some more stories informing the Last Word rundown tonight:
- Ignoring pleas to quit, Rep. Todd Akin defies his party leaders
- After Akin, GOP makes extreme abortion policy official
- Impassioned Obama hits Romney on education in swing state Nevada
- CBO sees worse economic wreckage from 'fiscal cliff'
- Michelle Obama makes veterans hiring push in Florida
- Rick Perry plans to defund Planned Parenthood in Texas, calls it a 'win for women'
- Paul Ryan slams defense cuts he voted for
- Patients would pay more if Romney restores Medicare savings, analysts say