President Obama won a historic bid for re-election last night, but the celebrations may already be over. He has less than two months to resolve a $600 billion fiscal cliff which threatens to nosedive the economy back into a recession. Republicans continue to assess the damage and reflect on its long-term future. (Hint: it's missing diversity.) Here’s a look at the headlines shaping tonight’s rundown:
- Obama victory clouded by looming fiscal battle with Congress
- GOP soul-searching in election aftermath: 'Too old, too white, too male'?
- Speaker Boehner opens door to ‘new revenue’ to halt debt
- The 'demographic time bomb' that 'blew up in GOP faces'
- States navigate paths to marijuana legalization
- Romney adviser lumps Chris Christie with Mourdock and Akin as those who hurt Romney’s chances
- Conservative group releases video on Obama’s victory: ‘We are in a war’
- Elizabeth Warren invokes liberalism in her Senate victory speech