The clock is ticking on the candidates who only have two days left to prepare for first presidential debate this Wednesday. There's only so much studying up on zingers one can do. Here are the look at more stories shaping tonight's Last Word rundown.
- Obama, Romney in tight race nationally as first debate looms
- Romney broadens focus as economic argument sputters
- New Obama ad goes after Romney on China
- Romney fades, taking GOP Senate hopes with him
- Households could face average $3,500 tax hit if Congress goes off the cliff
- Chris Christie says the debate will turn presidential race 'upside down'
- Supreme Court term begins, major rulings ahead
- Aurora survivor returns to a movie theater for gun violence PSA
- 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane to host Oscars