Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan plan to join forces tonight in Ohio to commence a multi-day bus tour. Their aim: to tip the scales away from President Obama, who is leading by eight points in the state, according to a new Washington Post poll. Here are some more stories informing the Last Word rundown tonight:
- Romney's problem: Ohio, Ohio, Ohio
- Mitt Romney speaks at Clinton Global Initiative, hopes for Clinton 'bounce'
- Ezra Klein: Romney's nightmare scenario
- Obama denounces violence in Middle East, calls for tolerance and democracy
- Ninety-six percent of people have received some government assistance
- Harry Reid: Mitt Romney 'sullied' Mormonism, isn't the face of the religion
- Homer Simpson gets political