We're one day out from the first presidential debate. The National Review spoke with Mitt Romney's advisers about debate preps. Their main goal? To make him come across as warm and fuzzy as possible and "introducing him to the country." Tonight, msnbc's Lawrence O'Donnell and his panel of guests will explain what both candidates need to do in order to perform well. Here's a look at all the stories shaping The Last Word rundown:
- Debate preview: Breaking down the vulnerabilities for each candidate
- NBC/WSJ poll: Almost 40 percent say debates will be important
- Paul Ryan challenged by voter to provide policy specifics, fails to deliver
- Voter ID no longer required — but will Pennsylvania make sure voters know?
- Joe Biden: The middle class 'has been buried the last four years'
- Why Claire McCaskill should promote a felon to defeat Todd Akin
- Billionaire William Louis-Dreyfus calls on fellow rich to battle voter suppression
- New study: Romney health care would leave 72 million uninsured