Chuck Hagel faced a challenging confirmation process with the Senate Armed Service Committee, and began his first confirmation hearing for Defense Secretary. Hagel defended his record before his former Senate colleagues and received the hardest questioning from Republican Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz. "I'm on the record on many issues, but no one individual vote, no one individual quote, no one individual statement defines me." Hagel continued in his opening statement, "My overall worldview has never changed: that America has and must maintain the strongest military in the world, that we must lead in the international community to confront threats and challenges together."
- Chuch Hagel and John McCain square off in confirmation hearing
- Rep. Paul Broun's wife indicated her husband will launch a Senate campaign in Georgia
- Obama expect an immigration reform bill by June
- Surprise, surprise: the National Review editorial board opposes immigration reform
- Families of Newtown victims get compensated from Sandy Hook Support Fund
- Bill in Missouri proposes to teach 1st graders about guns
- Sandy Hook kids to sing "America the Beautiful" at Super Bowl