Mark Kirk joined Rob Portman to become the second Republican senator to endorse marriage equality. "Life comes down to who you love and who loves you back," the Illinois senator said in a statement on Tuesday. "Government has no place in the middle."
Here's what else is informing tonight's Last Word rundown:
- Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk endorses gay marriage
- NRA-backed task force pushes to arm teachers, school staff
- Conn. lawmakers expect to vote Wednesday on gun control bill
- Obama to pitch gun-control plan during upcoming Conn. visit
- Nelson, Georgia wants to make gun ownership mandatory
- Five things to watch in Mark Sanford-Curtis Bostic runoff
- Painful payment for Afghan debt: A daughter, age 6
- Chris Christie signs ban on tanning bed use by minors
- America’s Jon Stewart passionately defends ‘Egypt’s Jon Stewart'