The 113th Congress is now underway, but will the bat-crap crazies from the 112th Congress linger on? Some Republicans wanted to bring back Rep. Allen West, though ultimately the role of House speaker went to John Boehner once again. Here's a look at some of the headlines shaping tonight's Last Word rundown.
- Mitch McConnell to Obama: Fiscal cliff was ‘the last word on taxes’
- Joe Scarborough: Seeds being planted for destruction of House GOP majority
- John Boehner re-elected as Speaker of the House after some GOP dissent
- Tax deal shows possible path around House GOP in fiscal fights to come
- Chris Christie: Did primal scream help or hurt his presidential prospects?
- Hillary Clinton resting, plans to return to the office next week
- Fix on ‘dairy cliff’ sends farm bill back to square one