An alternative to the Paul Ryan budget plan is emerging from the sidelines, and the math indicates it might actually make a dent in the deficit. In a plan titled "the People's Budget," the Congressional Progressive Caucus promised to balance the budget by 2014, create a surplus by 2021, and preserve Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. How would they make it happen?
- Allow Bush-era tax cuts to expire
- Raise tax rates for millionaires, eliminate corp welfare for oil, gas and coal companies
- Enact a health care public option
- Cut Defense Department spending
- End wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
Lawrence discussed details with The Washington Post's Ezra Klein. Watch the video now and give us your thoughts in the comment section below.