New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner dodged a question about whether he is still sending sexually explicit messages to women online. In an interview Monday night, New York Daily News reporter Denis Hamill asked the disgraced congressman directly if he is still sending these messages.
Hamill asked, "There is no one you are sexting now?"
Weiner did not reply yes or no. "You can quibble about beginnings, middles and ends but what we're talking about is over a year ago," Weiner said.
Hamill followed up and asked if more disclosures were on the way. "Is there yet another woman's shoe about to drop in this campaign?"
"I have no idea," Weiner said. "These are people who I thought were friends, people I trusted when I communicated with them. But who knows what they might do now. But none of it is new. It's all old stuff. So I'll be in this race for at least the next 44 days. And I think I can win."
Although Weiner has said his online sex habits are behind him, he may have trouble persuading voters that that is the case. The former congressman, who resigned in 2011 over a sexting scandal, admitted last week that he had continued to exchange lewd messages and explicit photos with women online even after leaving Congress in 2011.
A former frontrunner in the polls, Weiner has fallen to fourth in the latest poll since new details of his online exhibitionism emerged.