A little short and a little late with my posts today -- we blew up the show a little bit. Lot of good stuff on the show tonight. Our lead, as of now, is a look at something not enough people are talking about. Meanwhile, here's today's OTHER Underbuzzed stories:
- This one went up last week but I missed it and it couldn't be more important. Just as the GOP is simultaneously helping to make food more expensive by protecting Wall St. speculators who are betting on agricultural prices and also trying to take away assistance for poor people to buy food for themselves and their kids...what's happening to school kids? They're heading into summer. Which, if you're poor...is the hungry season.
- Yes, Speaker Boehner is challenging the administration's legal right to wage war in Libya. From Boehner, that's a joke. From Rep. Dennis Kucinich, not so much.
- Who stands in the ranks of those who oppose the self-destructive, ineffective War on Drugs? Cops. And judges. And prison guards.
- Rep. Jack Kingston claims speculators have no effect on gas prices. I wonder how his constituents would feel if they knew that Exxon has said prices could come down 30% or so if Kingston and his party stopped speculation?
- Remember how much oxygen Fox News and the right wing used up trumpeting SPECULATION that there was something amiss about the waiver program in Obama's health-care reform? Well, where are their breathless reports now, after those claims have been debunked?
- OMG, an actual win against Wall St.
Follow Senior Producer Jonathan Larsen (@jtlarsen) on Twitter