Here's a look at what we're eyeballing today. Not too much new to fuel the Weiner scandal, it seems. And plenty of other stuff going on that could determine our country's economic future. Here's a look at some of it -- and check back later for today's Outlook and Underbuzzed:
- Pres. Obama meets with Pres. Ondimba of Gabon.
- VP Biden leads another round of deficit talks.
- Confirmation hearing for Leon Panetta's DOD nomination.
- Some on Obama's teams are actually looking at stimulus.
- Is the possible stimulus a trial balloon?
- What's stopping the White House from getting more aggressive with the economy? Politics.
- GOP more likely to go for benefit-the-rich stimulus than the more-stimulative, benefit-the-unemployed stimulus.
- Chart: How other presidents did in economic-approval polls.
- Poll: Most Americans believe default will be bad; a lot want to do it anyway. Why do they hate America?
- Moody's issues stark warning on default.
- Another ratings agency follows suit.
- Wall St. analysts demonstrate fear of the GOP economic plan to cut spending.
- Poll: Americans trust Democrats over Republicans on Medicare.
- Dems privately acknowledge the economy has narrowed the 2012 path to victory.
- Chart: How much we spend on the military as opposed to other countries.
- Poll: Economic woes drag down Obama's approval.
- Steve Benen: Ignore the polls on defaulting.
- Slowdowns in India and China could drag our economy down further.
- Senate GOP eyes test vote on "clean" debt hike.
WALL ST. / BANKS
- Wall St. loses one in the Senate -- but not without winning a majority of Senate votes.
- Goldman Sachs, others, eyed for possible bribery in Libya.
- Obama not ruling out tapping strategic reserve.
- US government and corporations fought minimum wage in Haiti.
- Europe's high taxes are offset by their health-care costs.
- Resisting health-care reform keeps costs high: The PAC to repeal ObamaCare is in debt.
- VIDEO: Iowa Republican tells young people not to bother lobbying for funds: "Go home."
- Highly skilled immigrants now outnumber lower skilled immigrants.
- US ramping up covert military operations. When was the congressional vote on this, again?
- Liveblogging his confirmation hearing.
- Poll: He leads Romney in Fox poll.
- Republican slams Romney for abandoning Detroit.
- VIDEO: Dems slam Romney for abandoning Detroit.
- Michigan slams Romney for abandoning Detroit.
- Fmr. Gov. Jennifer Granholm slams Romney for abandoning Detroit.
- Romney gets caught blaming Obama for non-existent govt. takeover of education that predates Obama.
- The right jumps on him for acknowledging human impact on climate change.
- Chart: He never achieved in Minnesota what he claims he can do for the country.
- His economic plan would yield -1% unemployment. Nice.
- State considering selling naming rights to train stations.
- Considers raising the retirement age for public employees.
- VIDEO: His privatization scheme gets undercut by his own administration.
- A Democratic governor and legislature rush through their own agenda in Connecticut. And it's pretty awesome.
- North Carolina's Democratic governor signs executive order for unemployment aid.
- Why do Republicans get away with it? Democrats let them.
- Democrats may let the GOP get away with it, but they're organizing against one of their own.
- Lawmaker tweeting sees a dip.
- Gary Johnson says Weiner's fate belongs to the voters.
- Do Democrats understand that urging Weiner to step down so they can get their message out actually prolongs the story, thus delaying them from getting their message out?
(What I'm reading: Greg Sargent's Plum Line, Think Progress, Matt Yglesias, The Wonk Room, Talking Points Memo, TPMDC, Taegan Goddard's Political Wire, the Washington Monthly, the National Journal, Ezra Klein, Politico's Playbook and Huddle, Dave Weigel, Wonkette, Firedoglake, the NYT Caucus, Daily Kos, Crooks and Liars. What Pandora has me listening to: I Hear the Bells, by Mike Doughty.)
Follow Senior Producer Jonathan Larsen (@jtlarsen) on Twitter