Of course, what the president has to say tonight about Afghanistan will drive much of our program. But we'll be getting other stuff in, too. Anything in particular you think we should be hitting tonight? Let us know in the comments.
- The President addresses the nation about Afghanistan at 8pm eastern.
- Analysis: Troop levels don't matter as much as talking with the Taliban does.
- Analysis: Obama Afghanistan policy will be major issue in 2012.
- Poll: Most Americans, a record high, want us out of Afghanistan now.
- The House may vote this week on two differing resolutions on Libya.
- Sens. McCain and Kerry push for a one-year extension for operations in Libya.
- Leon Panetta is confirmed unanimously as defense secretary.
- Sensing GOP willingness to tank the economy, Democrats show signs of spine.
- One of the world's biggest investors calls out the cuts-create-jobs scam.
- Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) praises job-creation program, then votes to kill it.
- Senate Democratic news conference today will highlight GOP opposition to job measures.
- CBO issues grim estimate on long-term debt.
- Poll: More Americans say they're worse off than better off since Pres. Obama took office.
- Chart: Another chart illustrating that tax cuts don't spur growth. Check out the Reagan years.
- Brookings: Government layoffs may jeopardize economic recoveries of US cities.
- Poll: 49% of the country is scared of GOP controlling both White House and Congress.
- Growing number of Republicans support cutting Social Security. Again.
WALL ST. / BANKS
- JP Morgan agrees to massive settlement on charges it misled investors. Why does JP Morgan still have investors?
- Wall St. has a history of playing Chicken Little with regulation.
- Mitt Romney wants to repeal much of the meager efforts to prevent Wall St. from tanking the economy again.
- Mortgage CEO gets three years in prison.
- Indiana Planned Parenthood clinics start shutting down, leaving thousands without care.
- Report: 15,000 Europeans could die due to climate change before 2070.
- Al Gore has an epic takedown of Pres. Obama's failure to lead on climate change.
- Gov. Tom Corbett (R-PA) refuses to raise taxes on natural-gas firms that gave him millions.
- Same-sex marriage teeters just a vote away from passage in NY.
- Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) will sign an Arizona-style check-your-papers law.
- VIDEO: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) says he never said illegal immigrants started wildfires.
- Turns out Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) didn't have a problem with that ATF program he now hates so much.
- Rep. Hastings (D-FL) under investigation after claims of sexual harassment.
- 2012 expected to be another record year for ads.
- For second presidential race in a row, the GOP's big question is: "George W. who now?"
- Romney snubs anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist.
- VIDEO: Pawlenty's first Iowa TV ad tiptoes toward calling RomneyCare a government takeover.
- Rep. Bachmann (R-MN) will make her official announcement on Monday. In Waterloo.
- Huntsman says he'll respect the decision if NY legalizes gay marriage.
- VIDEO: Huntsman tries to kinda walk back his statements on gay marriage.
- Huntsman's launch speech could not be fact-checked, because he made virtually no factual assertions.
- VIDEO: Huntsman also goes after RomneyCare.
- Analysis: Huntsman's health-care claims don't hold up.
- VIDEO: Huntsman walks back his worship of Pres. Obama.
- So it seems we only knew about Gingrich's small account with Tiffany's.
- Why would he pretend to run for president? Money.
- Half-Governor Palin ends bus tour halfway through, too.
RIGHT-WING AMERICA HATERS
- Self-proclaimed "sovereign citizen" killed in clash with police.
(What I'm reading: Greg Sargent's Plum Line, Think Progress, Matt Yglesias, The Wonk Room, Talking Points Memo, TPMDC, Taegan Goddard's Political Wire, the Washington Monthly, the National Journal, Ezra Klein, Politico's Playbook and Huddle, Dave Weigel, Wonkette, Firedoglake, the NYT Caucus, Daily Kos, Crooks and Liars. What Pandora has me listening to: Disseminated by Soul Coughing.)
Follow Senior Producer Jonathan Larsen (@jtlarsen) on Twitter