Pres. Obama's news conference is starting. Here's the context for his remarks:
- Pres. Obama news conference at 11am.
- White House meeting with congressional leaders on debt ceiling.
- House vote on undoing 2007 energy-efficient light-bulb requirements.
- GOP walks away from proposal to cut $4 trillion from the government books.
- National Journal calls it "Boehner's Backpedal."
- Did Boehner just get cut down?
- For a speaker, Boehner didn't do a lot of speaking. Everyone know what a cantor is?
- Sen. Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) calls out GOP for walking away from every big deal.
- Pres. Obama has flipped the dynamic, putting GOP on the defensive.
- Unions put the White House on notice to hold the line.
- David Brooks: Let's not cut useful scientific research.
- Even just a