By Carey Fox, Segment Producer
Ah yes, the Fourth of July: Hot weather, good food, swimming, fireworks and yes, those fiesty conservative relatives.
Less than a week after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the health care act, you might find yourself facing a brother-in-law, uncle or cousin who want to tell you how the Obamacare is socialism.
So here's the top five benefits of the Affordable Care Act:
- coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions children right now, and everyone by 2014.
- insurance companies can't drop coverage when you get sick
- there's no lifetime cap on coverage
- children can stay on their parents plan until age 26
- you actually get a rebate if your insurance company doesn't spend at least 80 percent of it's premiums on actual care
It's hard to limit this to five, because the law does so much more, and it does not blow a hole in the deficit. And it saves money in the short term and in the long term. But hey, five is a good start!