A number of Republicans are trying to distance themselves from Sen. Ted Cruz, who is willing to tie up the Senate for 21 consecutive hours to protect the soaring profits of the health insurance industry.
But the vast majority of Republicans are on the same page as this wacko bird when it comes to Obamacare. And tonight on The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT), live from Minneapolis on MSNBC, Ed Schultz will not let them get away with it!
Ed also debunks the drumbeat of lies about the Affordable Care Act by the likes of Sen. John Barrasso and Fox News host Elizabeth Hasselbeck, calls out AIG's CEO for comparing criticism of bonus payments with lynchings and radio host Sandy Rios, who is using the massacre in Kenya to revive the birther hoax.
And of course, Ed will answer your questions.
Here's tonight's guest list:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
- Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN)
- Dr. James Peterson, Director of Africana Studies and Associate Professor of English at Lehigh University
- Dr. Corey Hebert, Professor, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Joan Walsh, Salon’s Editor at Large, and author of “What's The Matter With White People? Why We Long For A Golden Age That Never Was"
- Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
- Aqualyn Laury, stroke survivor who credits Obamacare as a "a lifesaver for me"
It’s going to be yet another blockbuster edition of @edshow today at 5pET on @msnbc!! Join the conversation now or during the show by commenting on Facebook and/or tweeting (with the #edshow hashtag) so we can share your thoughts on the show. The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee!!