Monday's Navy Yard mass shooting was yet another shocking and tragic event in a string of mass shootings in recent years. But will anything happen with gun control in this country as long as Republicans control the House?
Tonight on the The Ed Show at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT), live from New York on MSNBC, Ed Schultz, as a liberal, a gun owner and an American, will give it to us straight.
Ed will also have a special report on Sen. Tom Harkin's annual Steak Fry and reveal results of our own Iowa straw poll. He'll rip apart Reince Priebus' conspiracy theory from the GOP bubble and looks at where Occupy Wall Street stands two years after the birth of an historic movement. And of course, Ed will answer your questions.
Here's tonight's guest list:
- Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
- Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA)
- Zerlina Maxwell, Political Analyst & Grio.com Contributor
- Katrina Vanden Heuvel, Editor and Publisher of The Nation
- Bob Shrum, a Senior Fellow at New York University's Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, contributor for The Daily Beast
- Jesse LaGreca, Occupy Wall Street protester
It’s going to be yet another blockbuster edition of @edshow today at 5pET on @msnbc!! Join the conversation now or during the show by commenting on Facebook and/or tweeting (with the #edshow hashtag) so we can share your thoughts on the show. The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee.