“The Ed Show” returns to weeknights tonight, but the show is not changing at all. Ed will still bring you stories that matter to everyday Americans at the dinner table. He’ll continue to focus on issues that make difference in our lives: protecting the middle class, workers rights, income inequality and women’s rights to name a few.
Tonight, Ed will start the new The Ed Show schedule at 5pET (4pCT/3pMT/2pPT), live from New York on MSNBC, by going after Republicans like Sen. Ted Cruz who want to take health care from 30 million Americans.
For that, Ed welcomes back Dan Seco, a young man battling cancer without the benefit of health insurance and waiting for Obamacare to kick in. He was our guest on the weekend edition of "The Ed Show" on May 18, 2013. WATCH:
Ed will also reveal how a progressive governor (Jerry Brown) turned California around after the Arnold Schwarzenegger terminated the state's budget.
(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Also: George Will blames single moms for the failure of conservative polices, a GOP lawmaker blames fried chicken for African-American poverty and the GOP reaches new heights in hypocrisy when it comes to the treatment of veterans. And of course, Ed'll be answering your questions.
Here's tonight's guest list:
- Dan Seco, a young man battling cancer without the benefit of health insurance
- Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
- Lizz Winstead, Comedian and co-creator of “The Daily Show”
- Joan Walsh, Salon’s Editor at Large, and author of “What's The Matter With White People? Why We Long For A Golden Age That Never Was"
- Zerlina Maxwell, Political Analyst & Grio.com Contributor
- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
The @TweetTron9 is powering up the circuits to put yer tweets on the teevee.