Today's installment of campaign-related news items that won't necessarily generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The new CNN poll shows President Obama leading Mitt Romney is a general election matchup by nine points, 52% to 43%, among registered voters. Most national polls show a much closer contest.
* A new joint fund-raising initiative between Mitt Romney and the Republican National Committee has set a goal: raise $800 million by Election Day.
* The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee outraised the National Republican Congressional Committee in the first quarter of 2012, but the NRCC leads when it comes to cash on hand.
* Rick Santorum will probably get around to endorsing Romney eventually, but that day does not appear to be close.
* There have been rumors that former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker would run for president as the Americans Elect candidate, but he's not interested.
* And the Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee is running an interesting new ad in advance of an April 24 special election, which helps underscore how important the Republicans' "war on women" may be in 2012.