Today's installment of campaign-related news items that won't necessarily generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The final NBC/WSJ poll at the national level shows President Obama leading Mitt Romney by one point, 48% to 47%. Eight years ago, the same poll showed George W. Bush leading John Kerry by the exact same margin, 48% to 47%.
* MoveOn.org Political Action has released the first Sandy-related ad I've seen, hitting Romney for his stated opposition to FEMA, and praising Obama's leadership during the response to the storm.
* In Iowa, the final Des Moines Register poll, widely regarded as the most reliable of the state's polls, shows the president with a five-point lead, 47% to 42%.
* In Wisconsin, PPP shows the president leading by three, 51% to 48%.
* And in Michigan, PPP shows Obama up by six, 52% to 46%.