Today's installment of campaign-related news items from across the country.
* In North Carolina, a state Donald Trump won in 2016 by about five points, a new NBC News/Marist poll found Joe Biden ahead, 51% to 44%.
* The same poll found North Carolina's incumbent governor, Roy Cooper (D), with a huge lead over his Republican challenger, Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, 58% to 38%.
* In North Carolina's closely watched U.S. Senate race, NBC News/Marist poll found Cal Cunningham (D) leading incumbent Sen. Thom Tillis (R), 50% to 41%. Public Policy Polling's latest survey found the challenger ahead by a similar margin, 48% to 40%.
* In Arizona, a traditionally "red" state that supported Trump in 2016, the latest NBC News/Marist poll found Biden leading the incumbent president, 50% to 45%. A CNN poll in Arizona pointed in the same direction, showing the former vice president ahead, 49% to 45%.
* In Arizona's closely watched U.S. Senate race, the NBC News/Marist poll found Mark Kelly (D) leading incumbent Sen. Marth McSally (R), 53% to 41%. The CNN poll showed a more competitive race, with Kelly ahead by seven points, while Public Policy Polling found Kelly up by nine points.
* Speaking of the Grand Canyon State, the Arizona Democratic Party's state headquarters in Phoenix suffered "extensive damage" from a fire late last week, and local officials suspect it was arson.
* In Florida, a perennial presidential battleground, CNN's latest poll found Biden leading Trump, 51% to 46%.
* In Michigan, which Trump unexpectedly carried in 2016, CNN's latest poll found Biden with a double-digit advantage, 52% to 40%.
* In Michigan's U.S. Senate race, which some Republicans saw as a key opportunity, CNN's poll showed incumbent Sen. Gary Peters (D) ahead of John James (R), 54% to 38%.
* In Maine's U.S. Senate race, Public Policy Polling's latest survey found Sara Gideon (D) leading incumbent Sen. Susan Collins (R), 47% to 42%.