Today's installment of campaign-related news items from across the country.
* It seems hard to believe, but the latest Quinnipiac poll, released yesterday, found Joe Biden leading Donald Trump in Florida, 51% to 38%. In April, Quinnipiac also showed Biden ahead in the Sunshine State, but only by four points.
* Speaking of 2020 battleground states, the latest Fox News poll found Biden leading Trump in Michigan by eight points, 49% to 41%, four years after the Wolverine State narrowly backed the Republican ticket.
* Elsewhere in the Midwest, the Fox News poll also showed Biden ahead of Trump in Minnesota, 51% to 38%. In 2016, the president narrowly lost Minnesota, and it was supposed to be a GOP pick-up target in 2020.
* The same batch of Fox News polling found Biden with another sizable lead in Pennsylvania, where the former vice president leads Trump, 50% to 39%.
* Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Fox News personality who's dating Donald Trump Jr., is the national finance chair of the president's re-election campaign. That's apparently not going especially well.
* Two weeks ago, the Trump campaign abruptly scrapped a scheduled rally in New Hampshire, ostensibly because of rain. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the event had been delayed by “a week or two.” Fourteen days later, it hasn't been rescheduled.
* Remember when Trump openly mocked Biden and Democrats for scheduling a scaled-back national convention? Those barbs suddenly don't hold up well.