I rushed through the cocktail moment on the air tonight, in order to make sure you got to prison on time. Here’s a more orderly explanation of what I was trying to do.
(This is a slight variation on a recipe published by Texas Monthly here.) -- I’ve always liked mine a little saltier.
OK, here goes:
1. Use a pint glass
2. If your doctor will let you, pour coarse salt into a saucer. Then, use a wedge of lime to moisten the rim of the glass. Then roll the moistened outer rim of the glass in the coarse salt. If your doctor won’t let you do that, don’t worry, it will still be great.
3. Into that (salted or unsalted) glass, add:
4. Juice of one lime
5. Two teaspoons of hot sauce -- like Cholula
6. One teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
7. One teaspoon of Maggi mystery goo
8. Fill glass with ice
9. Then, add Negra Modelo or another delicious Mexican Beer
10. Grind some black pepper on top
11. Stir a few times with a bar spoon, just to mix up the drink.
12. Garnish with another lime wedge or two.
13. Serve! Cheer for the health of Rob Gronkowski’s forearms!