IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Texas officer who pulled gun on teens at pool party resigns

Eric Casebolt, the suburban Dallas police officer placed on leave after drawing a gun on teenagers at a pool party, has resigned.

The suburban Dallas police officer placed on leave after drawing a gun on teenagers at a pool party has resigned.

Cpl. Eric Casebolt of the McKinney Police Department turned in his badge amid an ongoing internal investigation of Friday's escalating incident, which was caught on camera.

RELATED VIDEO: McKinney protest draws hundreds 

"His actions are indefensible," McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley said during a press conference on Tuesday. "Our policies, our training, our practice do not support his actions. He came into the call out of control and, as the video shows, was out of control during the incident."

Casebolt will receive a pension and benefits, according to Conley, who added that the officer resigned of his own will.

About a dozen police officers were called to community pool for reports of teens fighting. One video shows an officer — later identified as Casebolt — wrestling a girl in a bikini to the ground and using his knees to pin her. He also points his gun at the teens and curses, the footage shows.

Conley said the large crowd was refusing to comply with orders. Still, 11 of the 12 officers there responded "properly," he added.

"We as a department are held at a higher standard of action as we do our jobs," Conley told reporters. "I support the fine men and women of the McKinney Police Department who day in and day out do an outstanding job."

The incident has riled up the small city of McKinney after witnesses said officers appeared to be targeting black attendees at the pool party.

"As a father myself, I was sorry that this incident occurred," said McKinney Mayor Brian Loughmiller, adding that he learned of the incident via the video.  He declined to comment on any possible criminal prosecution against Casebolt.

City officials and community leaders called for calm while the investigation continues.

This article originally appeared on