Martin O'Malley, the former two-term governor of Maryland, became the third Democratic candidate to throw his hat into the 2016 race on Saturday.
On the day of O'Malley's announcement, 84,000 Facebook users across the U.S. generated 120,000 interactions -- far less than the 4.7 million people who generated 10.1 million interactions after former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced her campaign.
Questions about O'Malley's age, height, and family life quickly flooded Google search bars as the news broke. Here are some of the top-searched questions about O'Malley, answered:
1. Who is Martin O'Malley? O’Malley is a former two-term governor of Maryland, who previously served as mayor of Baltimore.
2. Is Martin O'Malley a Democrat? Yes, O’Malley is a Democrat, who bills himself on his campaign website as a “bold, progressive, and pragmatic executive.”
3. How old is Martin O'Malley? O’Malley is 52 years old. He was born on Jan. 18, 1963.
4. Is Martin O'Malley Catholic? Yes, O’Malley is Roman Catholic, and he completed his undergraduate studies at Catholic University in Washington, D.C. Former President John F. Kennedy is the only Catholic in history to have been elected president of the United States.
5. Is Martin O'Malley married? Yes, he is married to his wife Katie Curran O'Malley, who is a district court judge in Baltimore.
6. Where does Martin O'Malley live? O’Malley and his wife live in a $549,000 home in the Homeland community in Northern Baltimore, according to The Baltimore Sun.
7. Where was Martin O'Malley born? O’Malley was born in Washington, D.C., and raised in both Bethesda and Rockville, Maryland, according to his campaign website.
8. Is Martin O'Malley running for president? Yes, O’Malley is the third individual running for the Democratic nomination, following previously-declared candidates former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders.
9. When was Martin O'Malley mayor of Baltimore? O’Malley was elected mayor of Baltimore in 1999 and served until 2007.
10. Where did Martin O'Malley go to high school? O’Malley attended Gonzaga College High School, a Jesuit high school in Washington, D.C.
11. How many kids does Martin O'Malley have? O’Malley has four children, two boys and two girls: Grace, Jack, Tara, and William.
Now that you've read up on Martin O'Malley, test your smarts on our msnbc quiz here.