As Paris continues to reel from last week’s series of terrorist attacks that killed more than 120 people and injured at least 350, a clearer picture is beginning to emerge of how the violence unfolded and who may have been behind it. French authorities are continuing to track down any potential accomplices involved in the massacre, which the terrorist group known as ISIS has claimed responsibility for.
Here are the latest developments:
A global manhunt continues
Officials are still searching for Salah Abdeslam, a Brussels man who is suspected of being involved in the Paris massacre. Police initially stopped the 26-year-old near the France-Belgium border but he was eventually let go, according to NBC. Abdeslam’s name was on rental documents for a Belgian registered car found outside the Bataclan concert hall, where the majority of victims were killed on Friday.
Alleged getaway drivers taken into custody
Hamza Attou and Mohammed Amri, who authorities believe helped Abdelslam escape back to Belgium, were charged with participating in terrorist activity, Belgian officials said on Tuesday. The two were initially arrested in Brussels on Monday.
Photo Essay: Deadly attacks rock numerous sites in Paris
Three arrested in Germany
Three people were arrested on Tuesday morning in Alsdorf, Germany in connection to last week’s terrorist attacks. The municipality is close to Belgium, where most of the investigation has been focused so far.
French police carry out overnight raids
The French Interior Minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, said on Tuesday that French police conducted 128 raids across the country overnight. He also said 115,000 police officers and soldiers are currently patrolling the country.
Hollande to meet Obama in D.C.
French President Hollande is scheduled to meet President Obama in Washington D.C. on Nov 24, followed by Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Nov. 26. During a news conference in Turkey on Monday, Obama rejected criticism that his approach to fighting ISIS was flawed and promised to continue his current policies.
White House outreach on Syrian refugee plan
Several Obama administration officials are expected to host a call with governors later today to lay out information about the existing Syrian refugees admissions protocol and security screening measures, according to NBC News. The move comes as at least 29 governors -- all Republicans except one -- say that they either oppose accepting Syrian refugees or will not allow any more – either temporarily or permanently – into their states, even as the Obama administration says it will continue to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees in the next year.