Out of the gate, Hillary Clinton knocked Donald Trump in a series of fierce attacks during what her campaign touted as a "major" foreign policy speech. The speech was expected to be aggressive, in an attempt to cast the presumptive Republican presidential nominee as a threat to national security -- and the former secretary delivered. Here's a taste of what the Democratic front-runner said.
1. "I believe the person GOP nominated for president cannot do the job."
2. "This is not someone who should ever have the nuclear codes."
3. "They're not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies."
4. After calling out Trump's "nasty" tweets, Clinton said: "I’m willing to bet he’s writing a few right now."
Trump did in fact tweet during the speech:
5. "I’ll leave it to the psychiatrists to explain [Trump's] affection for tyrants."
6. "There’s no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf course deal, but it doesn’t work like that in world affairs."
7. "Making Donald Trump our commander-in-chief would be a historic mistake."
8. "This isn’t reality television – this is actual reality."
9. "[Trump's} ideas aren’t just different – they are dangerously incoherent."
10. "Letting ISIS run wild, launching a nuclear attack, starting a ground war; these are all distinct possibilities" with Trump "in charge."
11. “It’s not hard to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because somebody got under his very thin skin.”
12. “I wonder if he even realizes he’s talking about nuclear war.”
13. "If Donald gets his way, they’ll be celebrating in the Kremlin."