It's official: Apple has released a 5.5-inch iPhone. Officially called the iPhone 6 Plus, the device is Apple's first entry into the phone-tablet hybrid (a.k.a. "phablet") market. It also released the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the Apple Watch at an event in Cupertino, California that was slightly marred by problems with its livestream.
A few of the other features of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus:
- A faster Apple A8 processor, which Apple claims is 25 percent faster than the previous processor.
- A better battery life than the iPhone 5s.
- "Ion-strengthened" Retina HD resolution displays.
- The iPhone 6 is only 6.8 millimeters thick and the iPhone 6 Plus is 7.1 millimeters — both thinner than the 7.6-millimeter iPhone 5s.
- An improved FaceTime camera capable of HDR photo and video, and burst mode for selfies.
- A new NFC payment system called Apple Pay that lets people pay with their iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Read the rest at NBCNews.com.