As read on the air by John Heilemann this morning (via Joe Klein on Time Swampland blog)
The Romney campaign released a compendium of Newt’s grandiosities. The title of the email is "I think grandiose thoughts."
Read an excerpt below:
A Selection Of Speaker Gingrich’s Thoughts Over The Years
Gingrich On Gingrich:
- “I Think I Am A Transformational Figure.” (PBS.org, 12/2/11)
- “I Am Essentially A Revolutionary.” (Adam Clymer, “House Revolutionary,” The New York Times, 8/23/92)
- “Philosophically, I Am Very Different From Normal Politicians … We Have Big Ideas.” (Andrew Ferguson, “What Does Newt Gingrich Know?” The New York Times, 6/29/11)
- “I Have An Enormous Personal Ambition. I Want To Shift The Entire Planet. And I’m Doing It. … I Represent Real Power.” (Lois Romano, “Newt Gingrich, Maverick On The Hill,” The Washington Post, 1/3/85)
- “I First Talked About [Saving Civilization] In August Of 1958.” (Robert Draper, “He’s Baaack!” GQ, 8/05)
- “Over My Years In Public Life, I Have Become Known As An ‘Ideas Man.’” (Andrew Ferguson, “What Does Newt Gingrich Know?” The New York Times, 6/29/11)
- “I Am The Longest Serving Teacher In The Senior Military, 23 Years Teaching One And Two-Star Generals And Admirals The Art Of War.” (GOP Presidential Candidates Debate, 12/15/11)
Speaker Gingrich has compared himself to historical leaders, including Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, and more. Read more.