In 2021, Forbes and Know Your Value released the inaugural “50 Over 50” list, which spotlights women who have rejected the conventional wisdom that their best years are behind them.
2023 Forbes and Know Your Value '50 Over 50' nominations are openMarch 23, 202307:54
These women are leading a movement: We received more than 10,000 submissions for the 2021’s first “50 Over 50” list. And, we’ve since expanded the list from the U.S. to Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. And now, we’re looking to do it for a third year in a row.
We continue to seek women who are actively stepping into their power in their sixth decade or beyond. We’re looking for stories about accelerating or recreating careers to reach the highest echelons of a business or field after turning 50—with an eye on women who have overcome significant odds and are creating businesses at scale.
Do you know someone who belongs on our next list? Submit your nomination here for our 2023 “50 Over 50” list. The full guidelines are below, and for ideas and inspiration, see our 2022 “50 Over 50” list here, or our inaugural edition here. Check out our guidelines below:
Unveiling the new 50 Over 50 ListOct. 6, 202206:08
• Open to women whose residence or work is primarily based in the United States, born on or before December 31, 1972.
• Candidates should reflect the full range of career and passion-project paths, including entrepreneurs and business owners; nonprofit and philanthropy leaders; public servants, policymakers and social advocates; C-suite executives; VCs, angels and financiers; STEM visionaries; and arts and culture creators and producers.
• For founders and CEOs, we’re looking for businesses with a minimum of $20 million in annual revenue.
• Fill out the form here, making sure all the information is accurate and, most important, highlights why you or your nominees should be on this list. Remember to include how you shifted or accelerated your career at midlife and the impact you’ve made in your field or community.
• We also welcome nominations from family, friends and colleagues.
• Nominations will be vetted by our editors and judges. Semifinalists will be contacted for any additional material and to confirm information.
• The deadline to submit all nominations for the U.S. list is 11:59pm ET on Thursday, June 1, 2023. Stay tuned for the deadlines for 50 Over 50 Asia and EMEA.