Instagram recently released a new app called Hyperlapse, which allows users to shoot seamless time-lapse videos on their very own devices. So in honor of this brand new--and pretty cool--technology, we picked out some cool Hyperlapse videos to share...and shot some of our own too...
1. NBC colleague Jimmy Fallon put the Hyperlapse app to the test by eating a piece of cake--and the app even cleaned his face for him!
2. Hyperlapse is also letting first-person reporting be seen from a whole new point of view. Check out Long Beach Press-Telegram's Gregory Yee's Hyperlapse video of storm surges off the coast of Seal Beach, California, from Hurricane Marie:
3. For all of you "foodstagram" lovers, it really gives a fresh taste to all of those food pictures that tend to clog Instagram feeds--like this one from Patrick Janelle, with close to 3,000 likes!
4. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at 30 Rock--from the main studio to the control room:
5. And in case you're wondering what things look like behind-the-scenes in Miami, here's a Hyperlapse of José's morning before the show:
Follow our show on Instagram at @JDBmsnbc for more behind-the-scenes photos and videos!