It's not just the airlines tacking on extra charges these days. USA Today hasa list of five hidden hotel fees to be wary about in 2013:
- Baggage holding charges: You could now pay two dollars a bag to hold your luggage if it's too early to check in
- Minibar restocking fees: Not only are you paying for the minibar's vodka or the pretzels, but you're paying to have the fridge stocked up again
- Wi-Fi fees based on what you use: It may say free Wi-Fi, but that may be just for basic tasks like checking email...they may get you if you use it to stream movies, for example
- Early departure fees: More hotels are charging early departure fees
- Cancellation charges: And read the fine print if you have to cancel your stay!