President Obama will use the Antiquities Act Monday to dedicate five new national monuments. These are areas protected because of their cultural, natural and ecological value.
Here they are:
- the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument in New Mexico
- the San Juan Islands National Monument in Washington state
- a monument commemorating Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railway in Maryland
- the Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument in Ohio
- the First State National Monument in Delaware