Barr says 10 'episodes' of Trump potential obstruction probed, AG disagreed on Mueller legal theory
Attorney General William Barr gave an overview of special counsel Robert Mueller's report Thursday ahead of its public release.
- Redacted report says President Trump said he was "f*d" as soon as he heard about the Special Counsel probe, wanted to remove then-AG Jeff Sessions
- President asked his own staff, particularly WH counsel Don McGahn, to lie and deny media reports about trying to remove Mueller
- McGahn resigned in protest after POTUS asked him “to do crazy shit”
- Mueller referred 14 investigations to other Justice Department offices
- Attorney General Barr, in his pre-spin press conference used the words the president has been using for months: “No collusion”
- On the question of obstruction, Barr mentions 10 episodes with the president that could have constituted obstruction "as a matter of law"
- Barr says President Trump faced "an unprecedented situation” entering office under cloud of investigation and was frustrated
- Barr has no objections to Mueller testifying to Congress