Ron Paul announced plans to scale back presidential operations on Monday over lack of funding.
“We will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have,” Paul said in an email to supporters, announcing the switch-up in strategy.
That doesn’t mean it’s over, at least in his eyes. While he’s not bothering with primaries anymore, he will continue to fight for delegates at state conventions.
“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.”
He remains vague on what he’ll wind up doing with his delegates, other than hoarding them for potential political leverage with the RNC at a later date.
The congressman encouraged his passionate base to still make their “voices heard” at the polls, “particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.”
Senator Rand Paul, his son, was blunt about the situation last week. He said, “For all practical purposes, it is over. The numbers are there and Mitt Romney’s going to win the nomination.”
Paul has yet to officially drop out of the GOP race.