As Congress stayed on its recess over the weekend, congressional leaders and the White House are not any closer to a deal despite both sides blaming each other for the creation of the sequester that is set to take place on Friday. It seems as though congressional Republicans and President Obama are waiting until after the March 1st deadline to find out which side the spending cuts will affect the most and who will come out of this fight with the upper hand.
- Republicans are digging their heels in
- Sequester effects could be felt as soon as March 1
- Sequester impact, state by state
- Reaction to first lady’s appearance at the Oscars
- Actress Ashley Judd looking more likely as Senate candidate
- Voting Rights Act faces Supreme Court challenge
- Democratic Governors may have to wait their turn after Hillary