Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden remains stuck in the transit zone of Moscow’s airport. Despite initial reports of receiving a certificate from Russia’s Federal Migration Service that would allow him entry into the country, Snowden’s Russian lawyer told reporters that the NSA leaker’s paperwork is still under review.
Meanwhile back in the states, lawmakers in the House of Representatives are debating an amendment to nix funding for the controversial NSA surveillance program.
We’ll have details at 10pm ET. Here’s a look at some of the headlines that caught our attention:
- Huma Abedin defends her husband Anthony Weiner in Harper’s Bazaar column
- WSJ op-ed: The Anthony Weiner show
- Obama challenge to GOP: What’s your agenda?
- Conservatives push to cut off some NSA funding
- Sen. Mitch McConnell swings back as he’s hit from left and the right
- Rep. Steve King: Dreamers are ‘hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert’
- Harvey Fierstein op-ed: Russia’s anti-gay crackdown
- NBC/WSJ poll shows faith in DC hits a low: 83 percent disapprove of Congress