Before we get the gears rolling with your regularly scheduled programming this Monday, let’s first start by giving a quick shout out to Paul McCartney. The former Beatle turns 70 today, and he’s showing no signs of slowing down. He just played at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, he’s set to close the opening ceremony at the London Olympics and he even appears on Jimmy Fallon’s new CD. Happy B-day, Macca!
As for longevity in politics, that’s a whole different story. Here are some of the other headlines catching our eye right now.
- G20 to press Europe for lasting fix to financial crisis
- On and off the Mitt Romney bus, tryouts for a spot on the ticket
- Romney refuses to say whether he would reverse Obama’s immigration move
- Sen. John McCain sees new effort to reform campaign finance
- Supreme Court review of health care under microscope (and stopwatch)
- Poll: Latinos more enthusiastic about Obama after immigration move
- GOP Congressman: 16-year-old kids ‘have a say’ in crossing the border
- Joe Arpaio’s office arrests 6-year-old suspected undocumented immigrant
- Michigan lawmaker to help perform ‘Vagina Monologues’
- Toxicology reports order in Rodney King’s death
- Robert Redford: Democrats are bad storytellers