The already bad week for the Obama administration just got worse, as another controversy surfaced involving the Associated Press. Adding to fallout from the deadly attack in Benghazi and news of the IRS targeting conservative groups, the AP revealed the Justice Department secretly obtained telephone records of their journalists. Now Team Obama is on the defense, facing questions on multiple fronts.
Here’s a look at some of the stories shaping tonight’s rundown:
- Washington Post op-ed: The IRS’s turn to answer questions
- Spy games: Russia nabs American envoy, says he recruited for CIA
- IRS released confidential information on conservative groups to ProPublica
- You want a scandal in DC? Here’s a scandal.
- AP stunned as DOJ seizes journalists’ records
- Minnesota’s new gay marriage law taking effect August 1
- Donald Rumsfeld: Hillary Clinton is ‘sideshow’ in Benghazi flap
- Woman forces plane landings, won’t stop singing Whitney Houston songs
- Christie: Who was in charge during his surgery?
- Prince Harry to visit storm damaged NYC and NJ